Thursday, November 3, 2011

MY APOLOGIES...

if you thought I was M.I.A. Well, I guess I was - but I wasn't buried under rubber stamps or anything like that. Just busy - getting things planned and schedules worked out. Between Stampy Land and Scrapy Land - we like to keep things hopping.

What that means for you, right now, is that I'm going to change up the Stampy Land DARE schedule just a bit. Starting this month, I will be posting the DARE on the first Thursday of the month. One DARE per month. I am getting feedback from stampers that they'd like more time to prepare. And I figured now that we are officially in the "holiday season" - time is pretty precious. So today - the NOVEMBER DARE goes live!


I figured that since time does get pretty scare this time of year - let's make it easy. No coloring of images, no cutting out stamped images. Break out those colored ink pads that are gathering dust in your drawers and put them to good use! No black ink allowed! No image coloring necessary. Just colored ink pads, stamped images or patterns and a die-cut or color ink stamped sentiment!

Here is what I did with DARE #8...



I kept this one really REALLY simple. I used the Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Frame 1  and then stamped a bunch of the small flowers from this American Crafts Enjoy set and this Sentiments set. I stamped everything with Ranger Distress Inks - all of which are available on our sister-site Scrapy Land. I love the light look that the Distress Inks create. The edge of my die-cut frame was inked with a coordinating Distress Ink. 

For my sentiment I die-cut one of Die-Versions NEW Micro fonts - this one being Mucho Micro. I love this font - very tiny but also chunky. The stamped frame was pop-dotted, and wrapped with bakers twine. 

Now for the news that everyone has been waiting for - the long overdue Golden Essie for DARE #7...


Congratulations to Miss Nancy! She just won a background stamp of her choice from the Stamp-Ede line...Love Definition, Love Background or Love Word Search. You can see Nancy's card by clicking here! Nancy if you'll email me {stampylandsusan@gmail.com} I'll get your shipping information and send you your Golden Essie...


Our two DARE Diva-ettes this time are...


Annette and Nikki. Both of these stampers did great coloring on their cards and made stunning Halloween card creations! You can see their cards HERE and HERE!

The link-up form is below. Upload your "colored ink only" stamped project to an online gallery {like Photobucket or Flickr} or post it on your personal blog. When you share the link with us you'll get fun feedback and warm fuzzies! If you have any questions about what to do, please leave a comment below or email me directly!





7 Comments:

At November 3, 2011 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Karen W said...

Thanks Susan for the extra time at this busy time of year. My minding is whirring with ideas for this Challenge

Karen

 
At November 3, 2011 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I don't mind the extra time for the challenge! It's definitely going to be a busy crafting year! Congrats to Nancy-your card was fantastic!!

 
At November 3, 2011 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Annette said...

Hi Susan...Thanks again make me proud " I'am a Diva-ette "
Hmmm...a small question can you not make a silver and a bronze Essie Mouse ?? So that other ladies will be interested? If this see on the blog ...
Netherlands, UK , Germany and more ...
****
Woohoo more time is good ...Have a order for a word album and I have a order with over 100x diecuts .

Hugs , Annette

 
At November 3, 2011 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Stampy Land said...

Annette you were JUST the encouragement I needed today to DO JUST THAT! I just finished creating an adorable "Silver Essie"...she's sparkly and shiny and all polished up!

If you send me an email at stampylandsusan@gmail.com I will send you her code!

thanks for the Thursday encouragement!

---Stampy Land Susan

 
At November 3, 2011 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Dania said...

Wow! Only colored stamped images and no cutting - that would be a challenge for me, since I can never keep anything simple. lol! I love the color choices on the card - very sweet. Let me see if I can participate in my first StampyLand Dare. It looks like fun!

Thanks Susan

 
At November 4, 2011 at 2:16 AM , Blogger Nancy said...

This challenge is going to be hard for me... I almost always use a stamp that I need to color in with my copics. You did say that we are allowed to use die cuts, right? I've got some ideas now... all I need is time to create!

By the way, I'm so excited that I won the challenge! I'll email you with the stamp I want. Thanks so much! ... and thank you for the extra time for the challenges too.

 
At November 4, 2011 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Stampy Land said...

Dania you can do it - I know you can. Can't wait to see what you create!

Nancy die-cuts are always allowed {I couldn't create without them!}. Look for your colored inks and let them be a way of inspiration!

As for the extra time - you're welcome. I think we're all going to need it this month!!

THANKS ladies!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home