Saturday, October 15, 2011

WELCOME BACK...

to another Fri-DARE-day Challenge! We're already up to week SEVEN - wowzers - where does the time go?

A big-Essie-thank-you, to all of our DARE #6 participants. The winner of DARE #6 will be announced at the end of today's post. For now, let's talk DARE #7.

This week, I need everyone's help. It's time to ramp up the participation in the DAREs. We need more stampers, stamping more and sharing more. We had 7 participants this time around - I am challenging everyone to share the DARE with a friend, and get the participants doubled.

If we get 14 or more participants I'll give away two prizes...

an awesome Stamp-ede Background stamp of your choice
AND
a $10 StampyLand.com store credit

If we don't reach at least 14 participants, I'll give away one prize...

an awesome Stamp-ede Background stamp of your choice
{the LOVE definition is my personal fave,
but the Word Search is oh-so-much fun!}

Now, let's see what Essie has for the DARE itself...


I figure it's about time we talk holidays. I've put it off long enough. As soon as we mention Halloween you know it'll be New Year's Eve tomorrow. But I'm ready, I think I can handle it! In fact, bring it on!

So for the next 2 weeks show us anything Halloweenie. Orange, black, purple, lime green - whatever colors you love for this holiday. You get brownie points for using a stamp that we carry in our store. Some of my favorites include...
For some Fri-DARE-day inspiration, here is a card I made for my favorite far-away college witch...


This 5.5"x 5.5" is decorated with Echo Park Apothecary papers from Scrapy Land. Cute Witch Marci was colored with Copics and then hand-cut and pop dotted on a Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Frame 1. I added a simple sentiment with Die-Versions "Saloon Door" font. I love this font!

I hope you're excited about a Halloween theme - and I hope you can recruit some friends to play along too! We need 'em all!

And now - for the Fri-DARE-day #6 winner! Receiving the $15.00 Stampy Land store credit is...


Miss Tina - - - THREE CHEERS for Tina! You can see Tina's card by clicking here! What a cute card, with a great fall theme. And she made her own background stamp by repeatedly stamping leaf stamps. Cute, cute, CUTE! Tina, please email me {stampylandsusan@gmail.com} and we'll get your shopping spree set up! I'll also send you the code for your Golden Essie...


Our two DARE Diva-ettes this time are...


Deena and Annette both used great background images on their cards that you can see here and here! Thanks ladies for stamping and sharing your work with us. I hope you'll join us again, for the next DARE!

The link-up form is below. Upload your stamped Halloween themed project to an online gallery or to your personal blog and share the link. If you have any questions about what to do, leave a comment or email me.





11 Comments:

At October 15, 2011 at 5:04 PM , Blogger miislucky said...

Susan, can we enter more than once? I was looking back and saw that someone had in one of your prior challenges just before I started playing. I just wanted to make sure. Thanks, Mimi
http://miislucky.blogspot.com
miislucky@yahoo.com

 
At October 16, 2011 at 12:36 AM , Blogger zzTinaBzz said...

Whoo Hooo Thanks so much! Very exciting! Getting out my wish list now! lol

 
At October 16, 2011 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Anne Temple said...

Silly question, but I don't see the link. Is it just me?

 
At October 16, 2011 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Stampy Land said...

Mimi YES - feel free to enter more than once! We love see cards and more cards!

Tina CONGRATS and you're welcome!!

Anne - OH NO - what happened to my linky, hmmmm - checking into it right now! It was there, because I always try it once, but I edited some spacing and that might have deleted it! Give me some time and it'll be back up!

---Stampy Land Susan

 
At October 16, 2011 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Stampy Land said...

FOUND it! The linky box is back up - it was hiding!

Thanks for pointing it out Anne!

---Stampy Land Susan

 
At October 16, 2011 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Karen W said...

Love your card Susan! Such a cute little witch.

Congratulations Tina!

Karen

 
At October 19, 2011 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Annette said...

Hi Susan ,

Greetings from Germany :)
Thank you for the DARE Diva
My first stamped background :)
What I want to say under my Name...
I've been advertizing for the store and the blog with your challenge.I hope you still get participants to do so.

Annette xx

 
At October 19, 2011 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Stampy Land said...

Annette I just commented on your card, on your blog! I couldn't read all of the words on your blog post, but I think I figured out most of the non-English ones! LOL - it's so fun isn't it - having stampy friends that are completely across the globe from us! The internet definitely makes the world seem smaller!

Thanks so much for sharing the Stampy Land name on your blog - we love referrals! And thanks for playing alone last DARE and this DARE!

stampy best to you!

- - - Stampy Land Susan

 
At October 19, 2011 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Stampy Land said...

Mimi I can't remember if I answered you via email or not - but I better post an answer here as well.

I am going to make it "official" and post in the rules section - 3 entries per person, per DARE. If you'd like to simply share more of your projects for more inspiration, please feel free. But the first 3 entries will be counted towards any prizes or drawings!!!

- - - Stampy Land Susan

 
At October 19, 2011 at 4:51 PM , Blogger Annette said...

Susan I'm again...
My English is too rusty to all translated into German to English *lol*
I think it is OK for German Girls to read WooHoo I can buy Stamps Stamps and more Stamps without Postage cost :)))
And see your Blog too

The Spider Webby is gauze bandage

OK it is late here in Germany so I go Sleep 2.00 Clock in the Night ooppssss..yes

Annette xx

 
At October 23, 2011 at 2:11 AM , Blogger Nancy said...

Oh gee... I just remembered to link up my card! I'm so dingy! haha!

I'm loving all the great cards! I was going to make another Halloween card but not sure if I'll have time. Thanks for such a great challenge!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home