Friday, September 23, 2011

TODAY IS THE DAY...

that I dare you to do something different!

Try something new, stretch out of your comfort zone, reach for that imaginary line and cross it!

You know, because it's FUN! And if you're doing these things in your paper crafting, it's relatively safe. {haha}

Today I did just that! I am trying to embrace stamped sentiments more and more. But for some reason they scare me to death. I feel safer with die-cut sentiments. But wow - have you seen some of the great sentiment sets lately? I'm in LOVE...

{You can click on any of the GREEN WORDS and you'll see the product in our store!}

So I'm trying - to stamp sentiments. Just to shake things up, to keep them fresh {and to use all of these that I've been collecting!} So here goes...


I used a new Belles n' Whistles stamp that is available right now over on our sister-site Scrapy Land {it'll be available here soon!} My daughter has just started doing her own laundry at college, so this card is going to her. {Notice the red piece of laundry - inside the card I will reminder her of the "reds by themselves" rule!!}

My sentiment is from the Hero Arts "Essential Messages" set. The sentiment comes as one long string of text, but I made it a double-decker sentiment with a quick Scotch Tape trick. Maybe I'll show you how next week for the Tute-Day tutorial if you'd like?!?!?!

I die-cut the image and a mat with LC Nesting Circles and LC Nesting Eyelet Circles. Love these two shapes together!

Just a reminder - you have one more weekend to work on your Fri-DARE-day challenge entry. I know you can do it! Look, I did the inside of my card today...


and if I can do it - you can do it too! 

If you have any questions about my supplies or the DARE, please leave a comment-question below. And if you're interested in the Scotch-tape trick for altering sentiments, comment as well!

Challenge yourself, and see what you can do! I bet you'll impress yourself!

3 Comments:

At September 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Karen W said...

Wonderful card Susan! And the use of the stamp partially off the edge is a nice effect. Doing 'reds' alone is a good thing.

Karen

 
At September 27, 2011 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

That's so cute!! Such a fun stamp, too! I love how this card turned out :)

 
At September 29, 2011 at 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. I went through the post I found it very informative and useful. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home