Friday, September 2, 2011

THE THIRD IS OVER...

so that means it's time for a few winners and another Fri-DARE-day Challenge!

A super-Essie-thank-you" to everyone who participated in our Fri-DARE-day #3. The number of participants is slowly growing - and that's good progress! Square cards are obviously popular - lots of good creations to look at!

The winner of the Fri-DARE-day #3 will be announced at the end of today's post. For now, let's go over the specifics for the next DARE!

First, the prize...

winner of Fri-DARE-day #4 will receive
a Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Shape
Lifestyle Crafts has donated this prize,
and it's a surprise which one they are sending.
{Don'tcha just love surprises?!}

Now, let's see the DARE...


since my daughter is away at college, I'm alone in a house of all boys! I'm greatly outnumbered {even our dog is male!}. So with boys, boys, boys, all around me - I decided it's time to focus on boy appropriate cards. Oftentimes they are difficult for me. No bling, no flowers, not a lot of my favorite colors. However, there are TONS of great boy stamp images! So create anything, any sized, any color, just make sure at least one image on your project is a boy!

OH - and we love it when you use lines we carry here at Stampy Land!

For some Fri-DARE-day inspiration, here is a card I just made for the youngest boy in my house ...


I used one of our very own Scrapy Crafts stamps, "Handsome in Plaid Dan". He's colored with Copics and matted on a Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Inverted Squares.  {I love these LC Inverted Squares, but I really needed a rectangle. To create one I sliced an inch off of the left side and simply spread the shape out under the brown-and-blue dotted patterned paper. Instant faux inverted rectangle!}

I die-cut my sentiment with two Scrapy Crafts fonts that were just released on September 1st. "DUDE" is the Castaway font, and "you totally rock" is the My Micro font. {1/4" die-cut letters - this font is awesome!}

And now - for our Fri-DARE-day #3 winners!

The winner of the SURPRISE die package, valued at almost $25.00 MSRP, and the recipient of a coveted "Golden Essie" is...

Miss Mimi - - - YAY Mimi! Mimi's cute square card would actually have also worked for this week's challenge - LOL! Her Greeting Farm image is one of my faves! You can see her card by clicking HERE! Check out her card, and leave her some comment-love. Mimi - please email me your shipping address at stampylandsusan@gmail.com and I'll get your prize headed your way AND I'll send you the code for your Golden Essie...

our two DARE Diva-ettes for this challenge are...


Miss Anne! You can see Anne's card by clicking HERE! I love how her stamped image just JUMPS off of the card. The dark background is just gorgeous!

and

Miss Divine! Who has her card displayed RIGHT HERE! Such a fun take on a square card. Love the decorated top edge, and how she layered paper over her stamped trees for added dimension! 

Thank you all for stamping along with us. 

You'll find the linking form below - so upload your creation to an online gallery or to your personal blog, and add the information below. If you have any questions about what to do, or how to do it, feel free to leave a comment-question below!

It's time to start the long-weekend. I hope you can carve out some crafty time for yourself. Fri-DARE-day #4 starts right now - ENJOY!



1 Comments:

At September 6, 2011 at 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Boy Card. I have a House of Boys too, even the cat! I am reading "House of Testosterone" and had to tell my youngest son, it was a book for commiserating women, not an instruction manual for him! I love my House of Boys! Sounds like a fun dare, Thanks!

Crafty Girl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home