Friday, September 9, 2011

MY MOM ALWAYS TOLD ME...

not to cry over spilled milk. But she never mentioned what my reaction should be to an exploding Viva Decor Sunny Yellow Pearl Pen...


I started coloring my Greeting Farm Summer Fun stamp this morning, and I was so happy with how he was coming together. I shadowed his swim ring, I colored his hair through his swim goggles - and while I am still perfecting my Copic red techniques, I thought everything was looking pretty great!

I die-cut a couple of new Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Lace Ovals  and added some Echo Park papers under them. I was going to make the noon mail pickup at my local post office with plenty of time to spare.

That's when I decided to add "just one more thing! I wanted just a couple of yellow Viva Decor, sparkly accents on either side of the sentiment. No problem, easy peasie, and plenty of time to dry before it hit the mail.

SPUUUU-LHAT!


Seems I had a small clog, and didn't realize it until a nano-second too late! 

The paper! The die-cut mats. The colored image...


But when you've spent time on a card, and have a recipient in mind - I think even an "accidentally altered" card in the mail is still better than no card in the mail. Good mail is good mail - always! So I scraped off what I could {which wasn't much - haha!} let everything dry, signed the inside and dropped it in the mailbox.

I might send a follow-up card tomorrow. Sort of explaining the yellow haze on this card. Or I might not. It could be fun to see if the recipient mentions it!

There's still plenty of time to enter a card in the Fri-DARE-day #4 challenge. Anything boy themed - any size, any project, any subject. But geared towards a boy. And if you don't have an actual boy to stamp - how about bugs or vehicles or sports equipment? Those are boy themed and would all qualify your project!

In fact, put a yellow haze on anything and I might just think that's good enough! {HAHAHAHA!}

5 Comments:

At September 9, 2011 at 7:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very impressive with the copics!! You even thought to color his hair UNDER THE GOGGLES....not sure I would have thought of this at my amateur level of copic'ing!! lol!!

I guess you had a 'where's the camera' moment! Your mom is right, can't cry, just take some pics and laugh about it! But it is frustrating after spending time on a project!!

Pam G.

 
At September 9, 2011 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Karen W said...

OMG! Susan such a cute card! I hadn't put on my glasses yet while the blog was opening and couldn't quite figure out what the yellow hue was! LOL! Once I had my glasses on, could just image your reaction after all that work.

 
At September 9, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Dania said...

Oh no Susan! I hate when that happens. I'm the queen of squirt. Oh why don't I learn to test on scrap before applying pressure? Thank you for sharing your experience -I'm not alone. Your card is darling and the yellow haze adds a unique look-just wait and it will be a new technique by next week. :)

 
At September 10, 2011 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Dictionary said...

Oh bummers. I hate when that happens. I had a copic one time ooze ink out..I hadn't refilled it so not sure why it had the overflow...Still you have a very cute card

 
At September 13, 2011 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Sherry said...

Oh.no!! You're right though about sending it anyway. I'd love to get a card even with a "mistake" on it. =) You do beautiful work by the way. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Come again, please!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home