Friday, September 16, 2011

FOUR IS OVER AND DONE...

and it's time for a winner, some kudos and another Fri-DARE-day Challenge!

A "super-Essie-thank-you" to all of our DARE #4 participants. We are still looking for more participants, so we would love to have you spread the word. The more participants we get, the bigger the prizes we can hand out, the more often we can hand out prizes, and the more inspiration there is for everyone!

The winner of the Fri-DARE-day #4 will be announced at the end of today's post. For now, let's go over the specifics for the next DARE!

The prize...
winner of Fri-DARE-day #5 will receive
"A Little Lime", one of our Die-Versions
original fonts! This is a great font {as you'll see below}

Now, let's see the DARE...

I've seen lots of great cards lately, and a growing trend is to not just stamp a sentiment inside your cards, but to further embellish, decorate, layer, color and shizzle them as well.

I'm trying hard to make it a new habit. And so far - I'm doing okay. Usually I'm choosing to re-stamp all or part of my outside image, and add scraps of paper left over from the outside. It really goes pretty quickly. So this week we would love to see any card, any size, any theme - with an outside AND an inside. That means uploading/sharing two pictures. But that also means you get two entries for this week's prize! Let's hear it for double-dips!

OH - and we oh-so-love it when you use lines carried here at Stampy Land. It's inspiration and enabling at its finest!

For some Fri-DARE-day inspiration, here is a card I made last night for a special college girl...


This is a 5.5"x 5.5" card, covered with some awesome Bo Bunny patterned paper from Scrapy Land. I colored Cheerleader Marci with Copics {I'm forcing myself to use red, so I get better, go me! All of this red was done with R20, R22, R27 and R29} and then I cut her out and foam-dotted her so she's popped off the grey LC Nesting Oval and the LC Nesting Lace Edged Oval as well. Some black gems were I-Rocked around the lace edge, I thought the bling matched the glittery pom-poms that were accented with a Red Spica pen from Copic.

I die-cut my sentiment with two brand NEW Scrapy Crafts fonts, My Micro and A Little Lime. I love these two fonts together!

And for the inside of the card...


One off-set stamped image and a strip of paper from the front - done! Still plenty of room for my "you go girl" message inside! I do hope you'll like the idea of dressing up your cards' insides. And, more than anything, I hope you'll share them with us. Together we have lots of ideas!

And now - for our Fri-DARE-day #4 winner...

The winner of the Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Scallops, valued at almost $25.000 MSRP, and the recipient of a coveted "Golden Essie" is...


Miss Nikki - - - hip hip HOORAY! You can see Nikki's card by clicking here! Nikki's cute boy card was the first time she's ever tried the masking technique. Great job. She used the little Spring Trevor stamp from C.C. Designs and the coordinating Park Bench stamp. Nikki please email me your shipping address and I'll get your LC Nesting Scalloped Circles out to you on Monday. {stampylandsusan@gmail.com} I'll also send you the code for your Golden Essie...


our two DARE Diva-ettes for this challenge are...

 

Mimi, our winner DARE #3, created a cute card that you can see by clicking here. What a great plaid coloring job!

And LWebster did the amazing card you can see by clicking here. Love this little guy's blue hair! 

Thank you all for stamping along with us for this DARE!

You'll find the linking form below - so upload your creation to an online gallery or to your personal blog, and add the appropriate information below. If you have any questions about what to do, or how to do it, feel free to leave a comment-question below!

I've got stampy plans this afternoon, so it's time to get busy. I hope you'll join us for an "outside AND inside" card creation DARE!




2 Comments:

At September 19, 2011 at 7:32 PM , Blogger miislucky said...

Susan, I was trying to upload my second pic of the inside of my card but it won't take because of it being under the same url name. Should I just put it inder my blog name and under my name put the name of the url? Please let me know here so others know or at miislucky@yahoo.com Thanks Susan! Mimi

 
At September 19, 2011 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Stampy Land said...

oh Mimi thank you!!! Gosh I didn't realize this linking software wouldn't accept a duplicate entry, but now that I think of it it makes total sense!

okay - I fixed it this way - there is a new linky now. One for INSIDE and one for OUTSIDE. All entries will go in one pot for the drawing, but they have to be separated this way...so #1 on the INSIDE pool will be #11, #2 will be #12, etc.

Thanks Mimi for pointing this out. And GOSH thanks also for using your brand new Nesting Scalloped Circles on your card entry! GREAT JOB!

- -- Stampy Land Susan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home