Friday, August 19, 2011

THE SECOND IS OVER...

and it's time for winners and another DARE!

A big "thank you" to everyone who participated in our Fri-DARE-day #2. I so enjoy looking at everyone's cards - seeing how each person took the DARE and made it their own!

The winner of the Fri-DARE-day #2 will be announced at the end of today's post. For right now, let's go over the details for the next DARE!

First of all, the prize...
winner of Fri-DARE-day #3 will receive
a SURPRISE die package
valued at almost $25.00 MSRP!
{I can't show you a picture, because it's sitting on my desk.
And right now, my desk is 1,500 miles away!'}
Contents include a Spellbinders Nestabilities from the CHA release!
{I will add a picture when I get home!}

Now, on to the DARE...


sometimes I forget that cards don't have to be 4.25"x 5.5". And I do so love square cards - something about the equal sides and bigger landscape that makes me smile! So make any card, any theme, with any supplies - but at least one item has to be by a manufacturer we carry in the Stampy Land store.

{Essie would like to point out that her favorite wooden handled stamp is square. And while it's big and heavy - it's all hers, and it's definitely her favorite!}

For some Fri-DARE-day inspiration, I made up a square card. I personally like the 5.5"x 5.5" size...


I used my latest Loralie Designs stamp, "Goldie".  I colored her with Copics and cut her out right on the stamped line. She's been pop-dotted on top of a Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Scalloped Rectangle. My sentiment was die-cut using the latest Scrapy Crafts Tide Pool font, and mounted to two graduated Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Frames 8.

And now - for our Fri-DARE-day #2 winners!

The winner of the $15.00 Gift Certificate to Stampy Land, and the recipient of a coveted "Golden Essie" is...

Miss Nancy J. - - - hooray! Nancy's pink-and-green creation is fun and whimsical. Heck, it's even shimmery! You can see her stamped creation by clicking HERE! Check out her card and leave her some comment-love. Please email me at stampylandsusan@gmail.com for your gift certificate code AND the code to your very own...


Our two DARE Diva-ettes for this challenge are...


Miss Nancie Q! {It's Nancy/Nancie week at Stampy Land!} You can see her selected card by clicking HERE. And Nancie - I love how you finish the inside of your cards. I'm going to DARE myself to do that - you've inspire me!

And Miss Karen! You will find her card by clicking HERE! I love the dimension from Flower Soft in the bicycle basket. And while this card doesn't scream hot pink and lime green - it most definitely is a lovely pink and green creation!

Thank you all for stamping along for the DARE! Both of these ladies would love to hear from you, I'm just sure of it! 

That's quite enough for now. You'll find the linking form below - so upload your creation to an online gallery or your personal blog, and add the information. If you have any questions about what to do or how to do it, feel free to leave a comment-question below!

Fri-DARE-day #3 starts right now - hope you stamp some fun with it!


2 Comments:

At August 19, 2011 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Gail said...

Oh, Susan, I love that card - and Goldie! How did I miss her - gotta do some more shopping, and get her in my basket. Love square cards, too.

Congrats to Nancy, Nancie, and Karen. Great work ladies!! Gail

 
At August 19, 2011 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Karen W said...

I'm a Diva-ette!

Congratulations to both Nancy and Nancie on their wins!

Love doing large square cards, you're right Susan the extra space is fun always for lots of room for creativity!

Looking forward to seeing what will be entered for this dare!

Karen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home