Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A LITTLE STAMPY...

scrapy, inspiration today!

Because I'm in the car.
Driving.
925 miles before I sleep.

Instead of a Tute-Day via video, to make it a bit more "doable" this week I thought some visual inspiration would be okay. {Fingers crossed that you think it's okay!}

I'll be back home in a couple of day - and life will return to normal. Normal schedule, normal routines, normal postings. WHEW - I can't wait!

I often times forget that stamping on a scrapbook page is A.O.K! It's easy and doable, in fact, it's downright adorable in a lot of instances!

And it's definitely a great way to make your stamps work overtime for you.

I have a few new stampy friends who have agreed to check in and help me out from time-to-time. Veronica is the first of these friends. She's experienced and amazingly talented at using stamped images and patterns on her scrapbook pages. I am inspired by everything I see of hers...


She explained to me that she was at a local crop and the challenge was to make a page with only black and white supplies. Well, she didn't have many black or white embellishments with her, and she didn't have any patterned paper that fit the bill. So she improvised - and scored huge points in the "just make due" category!

She masked off a rectangle of the white cardstock, with a scrap piece of paper. She then misted around the edges of the exposed white cardstock. She then stamped two of the images from the adorable Greeting Farm "Creepin' Kit" and colored them with just Cool Greys for a monochromatic look. Add in the few black buttons and ribbon she had, and some scraps of patterned paper she grabbed from a neighbor - and her black and white page was done!

Stamping on a page - something we should all try! Look at how adorable the Greeting Farm images look on her page! They match her sons perfectly! Almost customizable!

Thank you Veronica - for the necessary reminder that stamps DO belong on scrapbook pages!

Speaking of pages - you realize that a 12"x 12" page is really no different than a 6"x 6" card. Right? Well THAT is the challenge this time around - the Stampy Land Fri-DARE-day that I posted last week is to create a card that is square!

Easy peasie! Looking at Veronica's page - one could almost use it as guide for designing a card! I DARE you to try it!

Any questions or comments about Veronica's cute page, the current challenge, or how long it takes me to drivev 925 miles - just leave a comment below and I'll get back to you from the next rest stop.

2 Comments:

At August 25, 2011 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Gail said...

Veronica - it's great to see your work again. I just love your style. This page is amazing, and your sons are too cute for words!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Karen W said...

Great page Veronica! Love how you rose to the challenge.

Karen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home