Friday, August 26, 2011

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY...

fun and fresh faces!

Next week I'm going to tell you all about a group of ladies I've asked to join the Stampy Land Challenge family. They are going to share fun projects and great inspiration.

You met Veronica earlier this week - with her awesome stamped scrapbook page. Today I have a gorgeous card from my new friend Maribel...


Maribel LOVES layers, and she's inspired to try some intense layering this weekend. Laying is a great use for the scraps of paper we all have {you have scraps - right?!?!} but it's always a way to get fun textures, colors and even subtle themes into your card front.

This stamped image is Miss Anya from Greeting Farm - which is beautifully colored with Copics. Black hair is a challenge for me, and Maribel nailed it! Lots of fun embellies like chiffon ribbons, adhesive pearls and paper flowers make this card a piece of art!

Thought I'd share a couple of fun stamp sets that I'm adding to my collection this weekend...

Crafty Secrets "Costume Cuties" {love the vintage feel!}
and
Lawn Fawn "Heebie Jeebies" {love the sleeping upside-down bat!}

Can you tell that I've got Halloween on my mind this week? It's because Halloween is usually when we can start counting on cooler days and nights. Right now - it's hot hot hot! Luckily, stamping doesn't really involve moving, so I consider it a "cool activity" - LOL!

Just a reminder that the Fri-DARE-day Challenge #3 is still going on. You have until Wednesday, August 31st to get your submission in. Click ON THIS LINK to find the current challenge, and the linking form to share your creation! Squares are fun because they provide lots of room. 

Lots of room for layers, just like the beautiful square card shown above! Thanks Maribel, for letting me share your talent!

1 Comments:

At August 26, 2011 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Karen W said...

Maribel, your card it just beautiful. I love the look and textures that you get when you layer on cards.

Karen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home