Friday, July 22, 2011

WHEW!...

what a big week this has been.

Stampy Land opens, blog rolls out, fans flock and positive responses are everywhere! THANK YOU! Thank you for commenting, thank you for LIKING, thank you for sharing, thank you for shopping and thank you for sending congratulations. We couldn't be more excited!

I'm still tweaking and scheduling, deciding and creating - but I promised you today would be our first  Fri-DARE-day and I stick to my promises.

First up, the prize...
winner of Fri-DARE-day #1 will receive
a $15.00 gift certificate to StampyLand!
Spendable any way you see fit, for any in stock item!
WOO HOO!
Second up, the DARE...


easy enough? Anything beachy, watery, sandy, tropical, breezy or fishy. If you can find it at the beach - you can use it. My only request is that at least one item on your card has to be from a manufacturer carried by Stampy Land {sentiment stamp, image stamp, die}. The exact item doesn't have to be in stock, but the manufacturer needs to be represented in our line-up!

For a little inspiration, I worked on the dare today...


I used a stamp from Pink Cat Studios called "Lily at the Beach". {She's out of stock right now, but I'll add a link when she's available again.} She's colored with Copics and mounted on a shaped card base that I cut with the NEW Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Lace Rectangles.

With the sweltering heat that it seems like we're all enduring, I thought "beach" was an appropriate theme. I hope you're inspired to create something, and then I hope you send it to someone special. This little lime green mermaid is going to my girlfriend across town. She'll know it's from me as soon as she sees it - who but me would make a lime green sky on a beach scene?!

For more details, specifics, instructions and the nitty-gritty-rules, please click over in the right hand side-bar on the RULES FOR DARES page.

This is easy, it's fun, it's addictive, and there are prizes! {Wait until you see Essie all dolled up in solid gold! Trust me - you want a Golden Essie badge.}

If you have any questions about what to do or how to do it, feel free to leave a comment-question below. I'll respond with a comment-answer as soon as I can. 

Fri-DARE-day #1 starts right now - hope you have fun with it!

1 Comments:

At July 29, 2011 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Thanks for a fun summer challenge!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home