Tuesday, July 26, 2011

OUR FIRST EVER...

"Tute-Tuesday". Which is our slang for "tutorial Tuesday".

This is a quick video answer a stamping question I get a lot. The steps necessary to mask an image, and turn two separate images into one.



I am in the process of uploading this to our own YouTube video channel. Soon all Stampy Land tutorials will be in one location, and searchable. Let's hear it for technology!

The stamp I used in the video can be seen here, sweet "Spring Emma" by C.C. Designs. And while the swing I used is a golden-oldie from my stash, there are several new images that Emma can sit on. I love this Park Bench, and the Fence is handy because figures can stand next to it, in front of it, behind it or on it! And this stone bench is my next C.C.Designs purchase - love this one!

Experiment with mixing and matching stamp lines, combine figures and elements, flowers and scenery. Once you get the hang of it some of your stamps can take on a brand new life!

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment-question in the comment space below! I'll respond with a comment-answer as soon as I can!

13 Comments:

At July 26, 2011 at 9:57 AM , Anonymous Marie said...

Thanks Susan! This video was helpful and so was your tip on save/storing
the first image.

 
At July 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Stampy Land said...

oh Marie you're welcome! Glad you picked up some tips from the video!!

 
At July 27, 2011 at 4:17 AM , Blogger wearestampers said...

Thanks for the 'tute'! Love those stamp images!!
Pam

 
At July 27, 2011 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Traci said...

Thank you so much Susan, I always wanted to get those stamps, but never knew how to get that look. Very helpful. I'm a visual learner so videos are the way to go for me. Look forward to more.

Traci Lord
3team3lord3@comcast.net

 
At July 28, 2011 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Beccy said...

Great tutorial Susan, very easy to follow, great explanations and I loved the "ff" tip... front goes first! Thanks!
Cheers,
Beccy

 
At July 31, 2011 at 10:10 AM , Blogger VICTORIA said...

Love the video and thanks for sharing. The only problem i have with it was that you spoke to softly i turned up the video volume and my compter volume and i couldn't here half of what you were saying. :(

 
At July 31, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Stampy Land said...

Victoria thank you for your comment - but the sound issue has me befuddled!! I haven't heard that the sound is quiet, and I used the same set up I always do - did you have the little "volume controller" on the pink window in the blog screen turned all the way up?

I just listened to it again, and the commercial at the very first of the video is a bit louder than my voice that follows. How does it sound to you??? Is the commercial really loud and then my voice quiet?

I apologize that it was difficult to hear...maybe try listening to it directly on YouTube??? I'll double-triple-check all of the settings on the next Tute I do!!!

:D

 
At July 31, 2011 at 10:27 AM , Blogger VICTORIA said...

Thanks for answering I listen to the commerical and i can here it just fine. Then you come on and voice drops down so low.

 
At July 31, 2011 at 10:36 AM , Blogger VICTORIA said...

I just listen to it on Youtube and i had the same problem. Thanks for listening and trying to help.

 
At July 31, 2011 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Stampy Land said...

well shoot-darn-it-crumm!!!!! I was hoping that YouTube would help.

Well, next video I will make extra certain that I am speaking right into the speaker...I promise!!!

In case you couldn't hear it - my big "tip" was FF - front first. Stamp whatever image is going to appear in the front of the image first...FRONT FIRST...then mask over it and stamp the image that is in the background!!

thanks Victoria!!

 
At July 31, 2011 at 10:46 AM , Blogger VICTORIA said...

Thanks for listening and answering me right away. YOu have a good day Susan :)

 
At August 3, 2011 at 12:04 PM , Blogger VICTORIA said...

Susan I went out and bought some speakers for my computer so i am a good to go on the volume. What a difference it made i can here you just fine. Thanks Victoria :)

 
At August 3, 2011 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Stampy Land said...

oh Victoria YAY!!!!!!!

Glad I'll be coming through loud and clear from now on!!!

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home